Hey all. Time for another update on whats happening with the ever tall Brian Kolm.
– I will be teaching an Adult level class on this weekend June 13-14, 200:
Defining the Project
Instructor: Brian Kolm
Level: Beginning/Intermediate – Adult
Days: June 13-14, 2009
Are you thinking about working on a personal comic or cartoon project? Do you need some motivation to get the ball rolling? Come to this hands-on workshop where like-minded creators can work on their projects together. We will go through exercises that will help you explore ideas for stories, settings, and characters for your projects. We will then learn how to take our projects to the next level. We will learn how to outline our stories, as well as design the characters and settings that will help bring the story and character ideas to life.
– The following week is my first Cartoon Boot Camp at the Cartoon Art Musuem in San Francisco. A second class and one in July follow:
Intermediate ages 10-14:
June 15-19: Designing Superheroes
Superheroes are a big part of American pop culture with characters as diverse as Batman, Wonder Woman, Mr. Incredible and Diaperman. Students will learn to draw these and their own brightly colored lads and ladies who fight crime. The class will teach the students how to draw humanoid heroes in pose, physique, personality, costume and presentation.
June 22-26: From Storyboard to Animatic
In this class students learn to draw storyboards just like the ones used in movies and television shows. Once the storyboards are created students will develop them into an animated piece. The class will explore drawing, camera moves and lighting, timing and communication, and applying simple animation and camera moves to give a simulation of what a final film would look like.
July 13-17: Storytelling for Comics
Students will explore the process of creating a story including writing an outline, developing the structure of the story, creating characters, and making rough layouts.
Beginner level ages 7-14:
August 3-7: Cartoon Craft
Young students will participate in a fun week of cartoon and crafts combined, including the creation of projects that explore collage, flipbooks, zoetrope, paper dolls, puppets, and robots.
– I am now AllAbouttheMouseketeerÂ #857. ‘All About the Mouse’ is a Disney podcast I really enjoy listening too. Find out more at: www.allaboutthemouse.com
– I have a few new freelance art gigs coming up and that makes me happy.
– I will be at the San Diego Comic-Con Thursday through Sunday at the Cartoon Art Museum booth or wondering the floor and networking.