A Cartooning workshop with Brian Kolm is fun and taps into a student’s creativity while teaching communication skills in an exciting way.
Recommended Ages: Anywhere from 7 years to adult. Anyone can draw!
Popular Subjects: Superheroes • Fantasy monsters • Character design • Comics • Holidays • and much much more!
Class Variations: Themed to popular graphic-novels, books, movies, games Library event tie-ins • Advanced art workshops Parent/Child cartooning • etc.
Recent Public Classes (updated Jan 2013):
• Winter Cartooning Labs at the Cartoon Art Museum (Heroes and villains from the Supernatural Realm, Drawing Mystic Heroes from Fantastic lands)
• Cartoon Art Museum - Parent/Child Class (Superheroes, Crazy and Cute Critters)
• APE 2012 workshop
• Cartoon Art Museum - Cartoon Boot Camp 2012 – ( Superheroes / Stop-Motion)
• Chabot College – Kids on Campus 2012 (Superheros, StarWars and Beyond)
• Schulz Museum Summer 2012 – Creating Comics
• Free Cartooning Lessons at the Two Cat Comics Opening
• Stop and Go kids stop-motion animation at the Schulz Museum – winter 2012
• Cartoon Art Museum Parent/Child class Winter 2011 (Creatures and Monsters,Heroes and Villains)
• Local youth center
• Private Cartooning Lessons
If you are interested in hiring Brian for a private group cartooning lesson, you can find out more on the Services page.