When I go to a convention, one of the things that I enjoy most is the energizing feeling that comes form being in a room filled with other creative folks. So imagine one of the largest conventions in the US, the San Diego Comic-Con with it’s 100′s of thousands of artists, writers, and performers and the energy that bounces around the room so much that sometimes you need to fight your way outside and take a break. Well, this year I am not going down to Comic-Con, but after talking to my artist friends we decided that we still wanted to get together with our peers and get that energizing feeling. So in collaboration with the Cartoon Art Museum Bookstore we quickly set-up the first ever CAM Comic and Art Fest (Sat July 14, 2012). The event is open to everyone who wants to participate: Artist, Fan and everyone else.
We (inkDrinkDraw, which I am a co-founder) have no idea if anyone will even show up, but we are setting up featured special guests, space to make and sell art and lots, lots more. So come on down and join us.
CAM Comic and Art Fest at the Cartoon Art Museum
Saturday July 14, 2012
Twitter mention: #CAMcomicartfest
The Cartoon Art Museum July 14th !
11am to 5pm (655 Mission St. San Francisco)
This weekend lots of artist and fans are down in San Diego for the Comic-Con, but some of us can’t go. So why not get together and celebrate fandom, comics and art. It should be a blast for Fans of all ages and Artists of all skill levels!
AND It’s 2 events in 1 great location!
Event 1: The Bat-Mania in the Cartoon Art Museum Lobby – Admission is FREE.
There will be several artists doing Batman and Batman related character sketches for free, Yes, I said FREE!
Donations to the Museum for these sketches is greatly appreciated but not required.
Also on hand assorted Awesome Batman “The Dark Night Rises”, Movie Posters, T-Shirts, Hats and other promotional goodies! (Quantities are limited).
Event 2: The InkDrinkDraw / CAM COMIC and ART FEST – $7.00 Admission.
Admission is $7.00 Adult (less for Students, Kids & Seniors)
For your $7 bucks you get the following:
(Info for artist who want to participate is at the bottom.)
1. Admission to the Cartoon Art Museum Galleries.
See tons of original comic and cartoon art including “Avengers Assemble” featuring Thor, Hulk, Iron Man and Captain America!
2. A Raffle Ticket for our Hourly Prize Raffle!
Get a chance to open one of our prize eggs, you could win comics, prints, artwork and more.
(You must be present to win prizes)
3. See loads of Live drawing by local artists!
4. Sketch-A-Thon North
Have an artist sketch something you something cool in exchange for a donation to the Museum.
5. ‘Super-Compact Pop-Up Boutique’
Loads of Original Art, Prints, Comics and more for sale!
6. Hourly Art related Demos!
Hourly Guest Artists include:
Brian Kolm (Snownan the Brave), Chloe Dalquist (Jamie the Trickster),
Chuck Whelon (Pewfell), character designer and Illustrator Karen Krajenbrink,
Michael Capozzola (“Surveillance Caricatures”), and George Webber (Pirate Fairies, Tiki Tales).
7. 15% discount at the Cartoon Art Museum Bookstore to anyone in Costume and to Artist who bring in their Portfolio/Sketchbook!
Woo, That’s a lot of stuff for $ 7.00 bucks!
* ARTIST, this is HOW YOU PARTICIPATE
- Sign-in at the Admission Desk and we will direct you to all the creative fun and action!
– Sketch-A-Thon North- We are looking for artists to donate some time ever hour to create drawings for donations that will go 100% to the museum. Paper and some tools will be provided, but artists can bring their favorite tools as well. Artists can sign-up for a time slots at the event.
– Art Table – Artist are welcome to bring their materials, create and display their final work on our movable Art Wall. It can be sold at any price the artist wants, but we require 10% of the sale to go to the museum.
– Super-Compact Pop-Up Boutique: Sell your Comics, Book, and Prints – We will have limited space at our pop-up Boutique Table to sell art and publications that you have created. We will have a volunteers on hand to monitor the table, but we are not responsible for damaged, lost or stolen items. Space is limited and first come, first served.
(All elements are subject to change and available space. schedule coming soon.)