I thought I would offer the template I am planning to use for my comics this Saturday, October 18th, 2008 at 24HCBD. It’s a small size PDF download thats made to print on 8.5″ x 11″ paper or card stock (download below). Why print on 8.5″ x 11″ paper when you could work bigger like a lot of pros do? If you need to draw 24 pages in 24 hours the last thing you want to do it draw big and this is easier to scan as well.
This template is to draw a comic book close too the standard US size. To see it in action, check out my test I did HERE.
The animated gif might take a moment or two to load….
1) Print out the template on your paper of choice. I purchased card stock at Kelly Paper that cost about $.10 for a 11″x17″ sheet. Cheap and sturdy.
2) Use a ruler and light blue pencil or the graphite tool of choice to draw the outside boarder box and then draw the inner boxes you want. The horizontal and vertical edges can be broken down into one, two, three, or four sections.
3) You can either draw your art first in the boxes and then ink the boarders or you can ink the boarders first. The choice is yours.
4) The page is designed to be easily scanned into an application like Adobe Photoshop and to delete the outside markings.
5) Good luck. Let me know how it works for you if you give it a try.
Download:24cbd_template (version 2, updated 10-21-08 – fixed messurements that were off)